Friday, March 27, 2009

MARTYN - at numbers


"Glasgow's Numbers crew hosted the Jak:Bloc room at the BLOC Weekend festival a couple weeks ago. Hudson Mohawke, Rustie, Jackmaster and myself had a great time in there, and apart from dealing with a few technical difficulties I've collected a few great campfire stories to tell friends!
In the middle of my set, the bar personnel on the other side of the room accidentally started their CD player, so while I was in the mix I suddenly heard Simply Red's "Fairground" blaring through the speakers! A 20 minute snippet of this set was broadcast on BBC Radio 1's Leftfield show hosted by Rob Da Bank.

However, something went wrong in converting the sound files though, so what was played on the show was at the wrong speed!!! (the whole set was at least 10-15 bpm too slow) I decided to put the correct version online for all of you to listen to (and left the Simply Red bit in there :) all the way at the end). - Enjoy - ." via 3024world

No comments: